Monday, June 1, 2009

Pasta with Tomato-Basil Sauce

Okay...so I am going to start posting recipes. The only problem is that I don't use exact measurements. But, I take a lot of pics...maybe that will help. So, here goes. This is one of our favorite things to eat during the summer months. It is healthy and fresh and easy. It is very basic, but it can easily be modified to suit your taste.

ingredients:
6-7 large roma tomatoes

handful of fresh basil leaves
1 tbsp. minced garlic
liberal drizzle of extra virgin olive oil

light drizzle of balsamic vinegar
sea salt and cracked pepper, to taste
fresh grated parmesan cheese, to taste
1 box of your favorite pasta-whole grain is best!
Cook pasta according to package directions.


cut up tomatoes and throw them in the pan with a liberal drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a light drizzle of balsamic vinegar, about a tablespoon of minced garlic and salt/pepper, to taste. Cook over medium heat until tomatoes soften a little and are warmed through.


Take about a handful of fresh basil and chop it up...mine is growing in my garden! Don't throw the basil in until the last minute.

Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss together.

Finally, stir in your fresh grated parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. We like to eat ours with a fresh, green salad!


Enjoy!

2 comments:

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

Wow, that looks amazing! I would really love to have my own tomato garden :) Maybe once my boys are older...

Stephanie said...

Oh that looks so good. It reminds me of a dish I get at the Olive Garden! YUMMY!Our tomatoes are far from ripening yet, but I am keeping this recipe on file for when they do!