Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A day at the beach


As I type this, it is 35 degrees outside. Makes it kind of hard to believe that we were at the beach this past Saturday enjoying temps in the upper 70s and low 80s! We had such a wonderful time. We packed up and drove over to St Augustine for an afternoon of sun and sand. This was Ben's first trip to the beach. He LOVED it! The water was too cold to play in, but all 3 kids played in the sand (and ate sand) all afternoon! Brian bought the girls brand new kites-Hadley a Tinkerbell kite and Avery, of course, a Lightning McQueen one! My mom and sister met us for the latter part of the day. It was so relaxing to sit and visit and watch my kids play. The sound of the waves and the smell of the salty air-it was like medicine for my soul! I am so grateful for God's amazing creation. As I looked out toward the horizon, I tried to imagine how big God is. I couldn't even fathom it. He is truly bigger and greater than my mind can grasp!



After we left the beach, we headed to Osteens for supper. Now, if you have never experienced Osteens, you wont be able to fully understand how perfect our beach day ended...How do they do it?!? It is THE BEST fried shrimp you will EVER put in your mouth! It was delicious, as always.

As Brian and I drove home that night, the kids were SOUND asleep in the back of our van(another thing I am grateful for). We swung through the McDonalds drive-thru and got coffee drinks. I SO enjoyed the drive home with my sweet, funny, unique husband. We sipped our coffee and talked-more than we have talked in a looong time. It was great. We are usually so busy. With 3 little ones vying for attention all the time, it can be difficult to get a word in! It was a precious time.

I am so thankful that we had such a refreshing day!

5 comments:

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight said...

It is so hard to have a conversation with my husband with the kids always interrupting...I treasure those moments when we get to talk- even if it's just 10 minutes :)

MrsCoach said...

I love the beach...can't wait to get back there! Sounds like a great day and a great way to end! Glad you enjoyed it!

Goat Gal said...

Sigh the beach... That seems like a pipe dream to me. There is 4 feet of snow here and the temperature is slowly creeping up to just above freezing.
I also have a child who is a Lightning McQueen fan. KaChow!

Jeffery Stockdale said...

great picture of ben, I love osteens!

kelly said...

I totally relate to the sun, ocean and smell being medicine to the soul. Being in the sun does wonders to me. Especially if i can get some quite time while out in it.