Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Healthy and Happy!

This week all 3 kids had their well check-ups. Taking 3 kids to the doctor is a pretty big undertaking. I knew I would need a little assistance so I asked my sister, Bethany to come along. She was a big help! I am happy to report all 3 kids did great and all are very healthy and growing well!

Ben weighed in at 18 pounds and 4 ounces. Although he is much bigger than the girls were at his age, he is still only in the 14th percentile. Dr. Anna said he is perfectly healthy, though. He is a great eater, but he is so active he burns a lot of calories throughout the day! His birthmark is going down in size and will probably be gone by the time he is 2. She is giving him until his 12 month appointment to get his eye cleared up. He has had a clogged tear duct since he was born. If it is not clear by his 12 month appointment, we are going to have to have a procedure done to manually open up the duct. The procedure itself is very minor, but they would have to administer anesthesia. Please be praying that it opens up on it's own in the next 3 months! He had to have a finger prick to check his hemoglobin levels. He was a champ and barely cried. He was officially pronounced a happy and healthy 9 month old!

Avery did so much better than I expected! She watched her brother and sister getting weighed and measured and checked out first and then she was ready for her turn. She weighed 26 pounds. She was in the 10th percentile for her weight. Dr. Anna listened to her heart and looked in her mouth and had her jump around and tell her about shapes and colors. Ave did great. She did make sure to tell everyone that she was NOT getting a shot! She looks great, but Dr. Anna wants us to watch her left foot. She holds her foot very tense and walks funny on it. Dr. Anna said if that keeps up, she may need to do a little physical therapy for it. We would covet your prayers on that!

Hadley had her big 5-year, before-kindergarten check-up. They checked her for just about everything! She weighed 36 pounds and was 42 inches tall. She is in the 19th percentile for height and weight. She had her vision and hearing tested. She had to pee in a cup-she thought this was hilarious! She also had a finger-prick to check hemoglobin levels. She got 3 shots, too. I held her while she got her shots and she did great. I could tell she was pretty nervous, but she sat very still and let them give her the shots in her upper legs. Dr. Anna had her jump around and hop on one foot and balance. She also had her write her name and draw some shapes. Dr. Anna was very impressed with Hadley's hand-writing and told us we need to watch her in kindergarten to make sure she doesn't get bored with the work. She suggested supplementing her regular work to keep her challenged. Hadley checked out as healthy and ready to start school in the fall!

It was a very long appointment and afterward we were all hungry! We got our stickers and lollipops and headed to Chic-fil-a! We all ate lunch AND got ice cream and the girls had a great time on the playground.

I am so thankful for 3 healthy and happy children. What a blessing!

4 comments:

kelly said...

I remember the first time Dalton had to pee in a cup. He thought it was the funniest thing as well. He got alittle to excited and made a mess. ha ha So glad they are all healthy and doing well. I am so proud of Hadley!! YOu did a great job teaching her! Did you use any specific curriculum?

The Woodall family said...

I used calvert curriculum, but I supplemented A LOT! The Calvert pre-k is way easy. She is all ready for kindergarten now. I am proud of her, too! I can't believe she is 5 years old...

Brandyn said...

James had clogged tear ducts as well...one night while I was holding him and snuggling I began rubbing his tear ducts (from the outside of his eye towards the inside of his nose.)..it took a while (maybe 30-40 mins/I can't really remember!) but they both came unclogged...it was kind of gross,gunky & goopy~but Well Worth It! and we've never had another issue with them!

The Woodall family said...

I have tried massaging them before, but never for that long. I am going to try it tonight when I am rocking him. I really don't want to have to have the procedure done if we don't have to.